A newsletter for and by OLLI at ASU members
Mission of the OLLI at ASU Newsletter
A monthly newsletter for and by the community of OLLI at ASU that provides articles of interest and opportunities to connect with students beyond the classroom and across the Phoenix metropolitan area through shared commonalities, interests, and desires to grow our curiosity and understanding.
- Newsletter is emailed to current OLLI at ASU members and available on the OLLI at ASU website
- Articles are solicited from OLLI at ASU members throughout the year
- Articles are interesting, readable, positive, and affirming, with links to other resources when possible
- Newsletter is graphically pleasing, with lots of photos
- Newsletter is short; approximately two to three pages each month
- Submit your articles to olliatasu [d o t] newslettergmail [d o t] com!
- No longer than 250 to 300 words, with JPEG(full size) photo attached
- No religious or political content
- Follow “who/what/where/when/why/how” format
- Topics to consider:
- Classes of note: past, present, future
- Teachers of interest
- Healthy aging: trends in health and wellness
- Suggestions for becoming involved in a community
- Stories about learning to follow one’s own interests in this phase of our lives
- Stories about journeys to find peace and wellness
- Resources surrounding aging (such as living arrangements, shopping discounts, free activities, volunteering)
- Tips for tech
- Tips for finances
- Book suggestions
- Travel writing
- Volunteer opportunities
- ADD YOUR OWN
Submitting to the Newsletter
Submit your articles to olliatasu [d o t] newslettergmail [d o t] com. We will get back to you, acknowledging your article.
- Editors will follow the AP Style Guide and appreciate writers using the same
- Your article(s) may be edited by Transitions editors to fit guidelines and style guide
- Please provide links to outside materials (such as articles or webpages) if applicable
- Articles may be submitted at any time and editors will inform you if and when they will be published
- Include your byline at the time of submission!
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in all Member Initiatives, including in LEG programming and delivery, Transitions Newsletter articles, and any correspondence from members involved in developing, coordinating, and/or managing programs, projects, and/or events are those of the individual member or group of members and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Arizona State University (OLLI at ASU). Agreeing to the terms and conditions of the OLLI at ASU Student Member Code of Conduct is mandatory to become an OLLI at ASU member, and it is highly encouraged by OLLI at ASU staff that all members are familiar with institute policy.